- Ombré hair color has been popping up on red carpets for more than a year and is a great color option for brunettes (see model Lily Aldridge pictured on this page, she’s sporting ombré color). Learn more in this photo gallery of 20 amazing ombré hairstyles.
- Dip-dye hair color has seen no signs of flagging in popularity in 2013. Not just a trend for teens, dip-dye color — in which the ends are dipped in color, while the rest of the hair is left natural — is popping up on women (and men!) of all ages. Check out my gallery of my favorite dip-dye hairstyles.
- Bronde or “brown blonde” is that perfect shade between blonde and brunette that was first made popular back in 2007 by supermodel Gisele Bundchen and remains popular into 2013. Learn more about the technique in this photo gallery of 20 luscious bronde hairstyles.
- Balayage is taking the country’s salons by storm and works on all hair colors, but is especially great on blondes with a beautiful base. I’ve been getting balayage for many years now. Find out more about balayage in this article and in My Best Blonde Hair Tips and Tricks.
- Bright hues including streaks, washes of pastels, Kool-Aid hair color and more. Learn more in 20 Amazing Bright Colors for Hair.
- Platinum blonde hair remains popular in 2013. Keeping hair this blonde is high maintenance, however, and won’t suit all skin tones. Find out if platinum hair color suits you in Can You Get Away With Platinum Hair?. And see my favorite platinum blonde hairstyles.